Walks for region - Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
Snowdonia, the very first National Park in Wales, was designated in 1951. At 838 square miles it’s the biggest in Wales, notching up 1480 miles of public footpaths, 164 miles of public bridleways. And 46 miles of other public rights of way. So quite often you’ll have the trail all to yourself.
Let’s start at the top. 3,560 feet up at the summit of Mount Snowdon, the highest mountain in England and Wales. Walkers love to conquer it – via no less than six pathways. They love to conquer Tryfan, too, one of the few mountains in England and Wales which requires continuous scrambling to get up it.
Our lower mountains are quieter but no less rewarding. Follow Y Garn near Llanberis to Elidir Fawr. Discover Moelwyn Mawr near Blaenau Ffestiniog. Launch an assault on Cadair Idris near Dolgellau. Or take The four valleys path through the former slate mining valleys of Nantlle, Gwyrfai, Padarn and Ogwen along the National Park boundary.
Northern Snowdonia is the only place in Britain where you’ll find the Snowdon Lily, the Snowdon beetle and the Snowdonia hawkweed. What’s more, the National Park’s entire coastline is a Special Area of Conservation and can be discovered on foot via not one but two different coastal paths: The Edge of Wales Path and The Llyn Coastal Path. Inland at Gwydir Forest near Betws-y-Coed there are 11 lakes in all, and The eastern lakes tour explores two of the largest, Crafnant and Geirionydd. In fact, there are more than 100 big lakes in Snowdonia National Park. And some really great walks around our biggest one, Bala Lake. So, what are you waiting for?
Full list of acccommodation inclusive walks in Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
- 4: Llanberis : Snowdonia rocks & ridges
- 5: Beddgelert : Rivers & Relics
- 6: Criccieth : Slate ridge country
- 7: Conwy : A hike with history
- 12: Llanrwst : The eastern lakes tour
Full list of long distance walks in Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
- 4: Caernarfon : Llyn Coastal Path
- 5: Llanberis : Peris Slate Trail
- 8: Trefriw : Trefriw - Llyn Cowlyd (Snowdonia Leisure Walk)
Full list of medium walks in Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
- 5: Bontnewydd : The Four Valleys Path
- 6: Bangor : Town Walks in Bangor
- 25: Trefriw : Trefriw - Geirionydd & Crafnant Lakes
- 26: Trefriw : Trefriw - Woods & Valleys Walk
- 27: Trefriw : Trefriw - Llanrhychwyn Church
- 28: Llanrwst : Llanrwst Walks Route 1
Full list of short walks in Snowdonia Mountains and Coast
- 3: Blaenau Ffestiniog : Blaenau Slate Trail
- 4: Bontnewydd : Nantlle Slate Trail
- 5: Bethesda : Ogwen Slate Trail
- 9: Conwy : Bodlondeb Woodland Walk
- 21: Trefriw : Trefriw - All Abilities Trail
- 22: Trefriw : Trefriw - Riverside Trail
- 23: Trefriw : Trefriw - Wetland Walk
- 24: Trefriw : Trefriw - Fairy Falls
- 25: Trefriw : Trefriw - Woodland Walk