north wales walks in detail - Accommodation inclusive walks
distance: 24.30km , 15.10 miles
ascent/descent: 751.00 749.00
terrain: Coastal path and lanes, rough heathland and mountain
os grid ref: SH 287 773
lat/long 53.2647, -4.5687
1 : Wild coast & wildlife
Nearest Town : Trearddur Bay
The Low Moor Rambling Group from Clitheroe in Lancs share their experiences when they booked this walk.
“We like to get away once a year for some serious walking. We found a great bunkhouse at Rhoscolyn near Holyhead. It was modern, spotlessly clean, centrally heated, with hot showers and plenty of space. There were 16 of us so we had exclusive use of one of the bunkhouses. We were greeted on the Friday evening with some great home-cooked food, then headed to the White Eagle for a drink and a chin wag.
On Saturday morning, after a hearty breakfast, we made our way to Holyhead. Had an interesting walk around St Cybi’s, a church right in the middle of a Roman fort, then set off through the Breakwater Country Park to Holyhead Mountain (220m) with its hill fort and views of the Isle of Man and Ireland. The route back took us along the wild coast, past South Stack lighthouse with its RSPB reserve and viewing point (ideal for birders!) and a café serving much-needed mugs of hot tea. Between the beautiful bays of Abraham’s Bosom and Treaddur we saw orchids, blow holes and a holy well. Spotted some amazing wildlife, too, including a seal pup and a peregrine falcon. By the time we got back at 7 o’clock, we were exhausted, so it was straight to the pub for a well deserved feast. On the Sunday we walked the five miles around to Silver Bay through pine woods and inland sea full of wading birds.
A great time was had by all!”
|package includes:||package price:|
To book your 3 day Wild coast & wildlife phone +44 (0)1758 760532 or email us.
Other Walks Nearby
- Isle of Anglesey Coastal Path (~4.9 miles away)
- Circular Walks - Holyhead: St Cybi (~6.8 miles away)
- Canolfan Ucheldre Centre (~4.8 miles)
- Restored World War II Air Raid Shelter (~4.8 miles)
- South Stack Lighthouse / Ynys Lawd (~4.8 miles)
- Holyhead Maritime Museum & Harbour Front Bistro (~4.8 miles)
- Llynnon Mill (~6.1 miles)
- Anglesey Circuit (~7.1 miles)
- Rhyd y Bont Bach - Holyhead (~3.6 miles)
- Trearddur Bungalows - Trearddur Bay (~3.6 miles)
- The Beach Motel - Trearddur Bay (~3.6 miles)
- Anglesey Coastal Cottages - Holyhead (~3.6 miles)
- Outdoor Alternative - Holyhead (~3.6 miles)
- Seaview - Rhosneigr (~4.7 miles)
- Carreglwyd Coastal Cottages - Holyhead (~6.1 miles)
- Llys Llewelyn - Rhosneigr (~7.1 miles)