north wales walks in detail - Accommodation inclusive walks
distance: 13.20km , 8.20 miles
terrain: Steep hills and woodland
os grid ref: SJ 277 590
lat/long 53.1230, -3.0805
13 : Offa's dyke & jubilee tower
Nearest Town : Buckley
Pub loving couple from Preston, Peter & Ellie Redfearn took this break in May 2006 and recount their time in and around Llanferres.
“The two of us head for the country once a year for some serious walking. We like to bed down at a good pub with real ales, great food, a convivial atmosphere and a roaring log
fire and found the perfect one in Llanferres, near Mold, dating back to the 17th Century.
First we tackled a circular walk which took us onto a section of the Offa’s Dyke National Trail within the Clwydain Range Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The Jubilee Tower on the summit of Moel Famau at 1818ft is the highest point, and has panoramic views along the hills to the coast, beyond the Cheshire plain and across to Snowdon. Rounded hills are covered with heather, bracken and gorse. We spotted grouse and kestrel on the first day and this inspired us to complete lengthy sections of the National Trail north and south of this.
The landlord, was really helpful and included transport, maps and informed advice as part of the package. We took time out from walking to explore Ruthin and Denbigh, and then headed back to the pub for steak and oyster pie washed down with a few pints of Young’s WaggleDance.”
For more information on this walk and other walks in this area, including dowloadable mini guides please see the official Offa's Dyke website.
|package includes:||2007 package price:|
To book your 3 day Offa's dyke & jubilee tower phone +44 (0)1758 760532 or email us.
Other Walks Nearby
- Waun y Llyn - Llanfynydd (~1.1 miles away)
- Nant y Ffrith (~1.3 miles away)
- Caergwrle & Hope (~2.7 miles away)
- Minera Lead Mines (~4.6 miles)
- Bersham Heritage Centre & Ironworks (~6.7 miles)
- North Wales Regional Tennis Centre (~7.2 miles)
- TECHNIQUEST@NEWI (~7.2 miles)
- Wrexham Arts Centre (~7.6 miles)
- Wrexham County Borough Museum (~7.6 miles)
- The Open Church Network and Discovery Trail (~7.6 miles)
- Waterworld Leisure and Activity Centre (~8 miles)
- Motor Safari (~9.7 miles)
- Plas Madoc Leisure and Activity Centre (~9.8 miles)